Community Work and Training
Liz likes to support the community where she can, and spends a lot of her free time volunteering for non-for-profit groups that are run on a voluntary basis. Liz is understanding of the struggles and stresses that come with running an NPO and can help put systems in place to make processes as easy and clear as possible for all involved.
Liz has also previously worked on other community projects such as Lets Go Global TV - Salford, Manchester's online community television station; supported other community organisations around the country to broadcast their own content such as C-Cast - C-Change's climate change online broadcasts live from London; and others like Mertz FM - Ambleside, Cumbria's arts based FM and online rural broadcasts.
Liz runs audio, video and online media workshops and training for community groups, organisations and companies ranging from Bolton Council and Barnardo's (North West), to groups of individuals.
A range of sessions Liz has delivered include...
- How to setup your own community broadcasts
- Video Production Skills
- Experimental Audio Art/Soundscapes/Creative Audio Production
- Outdoor Participatory SoundPlay
- Feature Making and Editing Audio
- Beginners/Learners/Advanced Editing Skills
- Audio Theory - Digital and Analogue
- Using Audio/Video Computer Packages - e.g. Audacity, Audition, Premiere Pro, Avid, Final Cut Pro, OpenShot etc.
- Open Source Computer Packages - the variety and benefits involved
- Pro Tools Engineers - Beginners
- Pro Tools Engineers - Learners
- Multi-Track Recording Studio - Running and Production
- Basic Electronic Music Production - using programmes such as Ableton Live, Reason, Cubase, Sony Acid, Pro Tools etc.
- Radio Studio Broadcasting - Technical and Content (covering legal requirements including Ofcom and Station Policies)
- How to connect online (Email, Social Media, Online Shops basics)
- Quick and Easy Online Networking (useful for Community groups, Voluntary organisations and companies who have little time or resources)
- Online Job Searching and CV Hints and Tips
- Starting up your own non-for-profit group and what to know
- *NEW* Writing For Web
- *NEW*Basic Video Production
- *NEW*Basic Video Editing with multi-platform users and programmes (e.g. session runs with participants on Mac, Windows and Linux systems) - useful for community reporters or staff with their own laptops
- *NEW*How to blog - setting up your own blog, writing your first post, and some hints and tips
- *NEW*Writing a great blog post workshop
- *NEW*What's SEO and SMO, and do I actually need it?
- *NEW*Introduction to SoundToys - inspiring 'thinking out of the box' creative workshop
- *NEW*Making your Online Promotions Effective and Engaging
- *NEW*Top 10 Online Goodies for NPO and VCFS organisations and groups
If you don't see what you're looking for on this list, don't worry Liz can produce bespoke courses for you, your organisation or company, so just send her an email and ask!
What Liz doesn't know, she's good at finding out!